We are looking for an ambitious and energetic Global Development Manager to help us expand our clientele. You will be the front of the company and will have the dedication to create and apply an effective sales strategy.
• Establish a sales and marketing structure defining functions, relationships, communications, roles and responsibilities. Sustaining a one sales team culture across the globe;
• Develop global business plan and strategy for implementation;
• Provide direction coordination and support to the sales team. Coaching & mentoring sales managers and hold each one accountable for their activity and performance;
• Build the sales function, define roles, responsibilities and budgets; manage sales resource allocation. Ensure that the sales managers have the skills and tools required for project execution;
• Develop a training strategy to maintain or increase expertise and skills within the sales function;
• Travel as required to project sites and meet with clients during the lifecycle of the project
• Provide technical assistance (including training) to Sales and Product Support;
• Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into a robust pipeline of new opportunities for both capital and parts and service markets promoting the organisation’s additional products and services;
• Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging existing networks;
• Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization;
• Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships in an attempt to increase their current spend;
• Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs;
• Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs;
• Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends, deliver presentations for potential clients;
• Present to and consult with senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels;
• Use knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators;
• Create, negotiate and close commercial agreements, ensure legal compliance within the business (i.e. contractual, sign off, business legal compliance etc.) as required;
• Confer with the direct line manager to plan business objectives, develop organisational policies, coordinate business opportunities between the various entities and establish responsibilities and procedures for attaining the agreed objectives;
• Prepare quarterly reports and forecasts to provide a clear understanding on the various business development initiatives across the industrial markets, provide comment on our performance in terms of business development and provide recommendations, where necessary, on changes required achieving the agreed objectives;
• Assist as required with the preparing and submitting formal business tenders and proposals.
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in Logistics, Supply Chain or related field.
• Freight Forwarding experience essential is the must.
• Established connections within the energy and water industry (ideally) at high decision making levels with major customers within major strategic regional markets;
• Strong leadership skills. Mainly as a change agent;
• Strong commercial and financial acumen;
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers